DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Five people were arrested following a large house party in Hopewell Junction that turned violent with several people injured, according to East Fishkill Police.
East Fishkill police were called to the Wilmont Court home around midnight on Friday, Aug. 18 after a person was thrown through a window during a large fight at the party, police said.
When officers arrived on scene they found more than 100 people gathered outside and inside the home. Several people had been assaulted or involved in fights, with three people being taken to by private vehicle to local hospitals for treatment before police arrived, police said.
State Police assisted with controlling the crowd as officers looked for those wounded and worked to break up the ongoing party.
A 17-year-old teen was alone at the home when he decided to hold a party which someone then posted on social media and the number of people arriving to party became excessive, according to police.
A number of different incidents occurred during the brawl and several smaller separate fights, including a person being hit in the head with a bottle, another was stabbed in the hand with a knife and two people were assaulted and robbed in a car down the street from the party where the attackers stole a cell phone, a wallet, and cash, police said.
After the party, detectives conducted a five-day investigation into events and arrested the following people:
- Kienen Garrett, 19 of Hopewell Junction, was charged with two counts of felony robbery and third-degree assault.
- Anthony Wray, 19 of Fishkill, was charged with two counts of felony robbery.
- Besmir Latifaj, 17, of Fishkill, was charged with two counts of felony robbery and third-degree assault.
- Tyler Folkes, 19, of Hopewell Junction, was charged with felony gang assault.
- Andrew Saltos, 21, of Fishkill, was charged with two counts of felony robbery and assault.
All are being held at the Dutchess County Jail on $2,500. bail or $5,000. bond.
The investigation into other incidents that occurred during the party is continuing. Additional charges are pending. Anyone with any information about these events is asked to contact East Fishkill Police at 845-221-2111.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.