DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a roundup of the top stories of the week for Dutchess County.
- Norman Reedus -- better known to many as Daryl Dixon on "The Walking Dead" -- will apparently be calling Dutchess County his home, WNYT has reported.
- Two men who fled from Dutchess County, starting a wild police chase that ended when the stolen SUV they were driving in crashed into a parked car in Ulster County are each facing a host of charges.
- Two Wappinger teens are facing charges of drug possession after police accused one of stealing prescription medication and giving it to the other.
- A 15-year-old Poughkeepsie girl is in critical condition after being hit by a car while walking on South Chodikee Lake Road in Highland on Monday.
- Two Poughkeepsie residents, along with a Highland Mills resident, have been charged with submitting more than $50,000 in false home health-care claims to Medicaid, New York Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman announced Wednesday.
- Two Poughkeepsie men were caught stealing power tools from Williams Lumber in Hyde Park, according to the Hyde Park Police Department.
- Julie’s Jungle, an East Fishkill non-profit that created an accessible playground for children of all abilities in southern Dutchess County, is a step closer to adding new playground equipment after accepting a $2,000 check from Tompkins Mahopac Bank .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.