DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Two fleeing from police following separate crashes topped the news in Dutchess.
A 33-year-old unlicensed driver carrying a dagger is behind bars after state police say he fled from his vehicle and into the nearby woods after a traffic stop on the Taconic State Parkway in East Fishkill. Click here to read the story.
A Dutchess County man took a police K-9 Unit on a wild foot chase through the woods after being involved in a crash that landed his Lexus in a ditch off the Taconic State Parkway. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- When Police Chief Philip Mattracion responded to a murder-suicide in the Hudson Valley Village of Ellenville Thursday morning, he never expected to find one that one of his closest friends had shot and killed two people and then turned the gun on himself.
- The Poughkeepsie City School District Superintendent is thinking of suing her own school board.
- Sales of luxury homes selling for $1 million and higher in Putnam and Dutchess counties rose 9.8 percent in 2017, according to a new study released Wednesday, Jan. 10 by Houlihan Lawrence.
- A knife-wielding man is facing multiple charges after allegedly being involved in a physical altercation with his landlord in Wappinger.
- A two-alarm mobile home fire in Rhinebeck left one person displaced, according to the Rhinebeck Fire Department.
- Follow Dutchess Daily Voice @DVDutchess by clicking here.
- For real-time Dutchess news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Dutchess County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.