DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Dutchess County.
- Dutchess County corrections officer Jeffrey Burkins is facing serious drug charges after he was busted with heroin and painkillers by police last week.
- Longtime Hudson Valley resident and legendary actress and comedian Mary Tyler Moore, who had been hospitalized in grave condition at a hospital in Fairfield County, Conn., this week, died Wednesday.
- After 15 months and $1.5 million spent on top-to-bottom renovations, the owners of the Beacon Hotel Restaurant have brought to life a major portion of their vision for this circa 1870s Main Street building.
- A Wappingers Falls contractor pleaded guilty Friday, Jan. 20, to running a scheme of spending customers money on himself or for repaying debts, according to Orange County District Attorney David M. Hoovler.
- Poughkeepsie resident Bettina “Gold” Wilkerson was named the 2017 Dutchess County Poet Laureate.
- Following months of collaboration between business, education and government partners, Spectral Systems announced Wednesday it will remain in Dutchess County and invest more than $3 million in facility improvements and manufacturing equipment and expand jobs by more than 13 percent.
- Following a nationwide search and a turnover of nine school chiefs over the past decade, the Beacon City School District has chosen a new superintendent to take over for 2017-18 school year.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.