WAPPINGER, N.Y. -- Snow and ice, added to holiday celebrations led New York State troopers to conduct a roving detail in Wappinger on Saturday in an effort to keep drivers safe.
During the detail, troopers arrested two people for driving while intoxicated, three for drug possession, one on a warrant, and issued traffic tickets to seven vehicles, according to Trooper Melissa McMorris.
Those charged were:
- Augie Pino, 21, Putnam Valley, charged with driving while intoxicated.
- Roman Ruiz-Lavariega, 36, Poughkeepsie, charged with driving while intoxicated.
- Naquan Wilson, 19, Wappinger, charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance.
- Lucious Jones, 58, Poughkeepsie, charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance.
- Marshall Morgan, 39, charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Troopers will continue to conduct roving details and sobriety checkpoints throughout the holiday season, looking for signs of drug or alcohol impairment.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.