DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Dutchess County.
- A tip from a "vigilant" resident led to the arrest of a Dover trio who face felony charges for burglarizing a Cooperstown Road home on President’s Day.
- A Westchester man is facing weapons charges after allegedly striking his victim with a hammer during a domestic dispute on the Taconic State Parkway.
- A 27-year-old Level 2 sex offender once convicted of having sex with a 10-year-old girl has moved to a home on North Hamilton Street in Poughkeepsie, according to the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services.
- Vassar College in Poughkeepsie was ranked No. 100 in niche.com's list of the 100 best colleges in America.
- A Pleasant Valley man was arrested on Saturday, Feb. 18, for installing an iPhone inside a bathroom stall of a discount store in order to film the person inside, according to Ulster Police.
- A Dutchess County man and a Cottekill woman are behind bars after being busted on Tuesday for breaking into the Hudson Valley Cycle Center, Ulster police said.
- For fans of Showtime's "Billions," watching the struggle between Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis in the world of New York high finance is like "old home week" for Westchester and Rockland county residents with tons of scenes filmed in familiar spots.
- On the heels of a nationwide sweep by U.S. Immigration and Customs that led to the arrest of five Hudson Valley residents, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is cautioning residents to be wary of a scam involving unauthorized agents asking for money.
- The Hudson Vally Film Commission (HVFC) has been flooded with requests since a casting call went out to area women who have three free days and would love to be in a major movie -- and, oh yeah, spend time in jail.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.