DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the week's top stories from around Dutchess County.
- Police said it will take up to six weeks to determine a cause of death for Brandon Ellis, a 39-year-old Town of Poughkeepsie resident who was found dead in Pawling last week.
- Zephyr Teachout and John Faso have each declared victory in the Democratic and Republican primaries for the 19th Congressional District.
- Congressional hopeful Phil Oliva has won the Republican primary for the 18th District .
- State police are looking for a man wanted in a 2013 check-cashing scheme that took place in Wappinger and Beacon.
- Terry Losicco, a native of Stony Point who was recently released after serving nearly 36 years in prison for the 1980 murder of 67-year-old Eleanor Prouty of Somers, is back behind bars and facing charges of violating parole curfew and relationship conditions .
- Katie "Zoe" Ferris, a longtime 4-H club member with a passion for fresh Hudson Valley ingredients, opened Zoe’s Ice Cream Barn in LaGranville recently .
- Putnam County Sheriffs arrested two Dutchess County residents during a recent warrant sweep.
- A Fishkill resident woke up to find a black bear rummaging around for snacks in her backyard .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.