Did you feel a small shaking of the earth on Monday around 6:35 p.m.? If so, you weren't imaging things. A small, magnitude 1.3 earthquake occurred at that time in Dutchess County. Click here to read the entire story.
Here are some other top stories from this past week (click on the link to read the story):
- A paraglider who crashed into Brace Mountain on Tuesday and died has been identified as Varick Stringham, 44, of Claverack in Columbia County.
- Susan Coons, 44, of Elizaville in Columbia County, was killed after being struck by a bulldozer Thursday at a work site in Red Hook.
- Brian Arnoff, the chef/owner of Kitchen Sink Food and Drink in Beacon, will open Meyer's Olde Dutch at the former Poppy's location in May.
- Two street vendors were caught selling counterfeit goods at the Nyack Street Fair last weekend.
- Dragon's Den comic book store was seized by the State Department of Taxation and Finance for having 18 open warrants and owing to the state $177,609.84.
- Recent leaks to the Washington Post claim the FBI and the Justice Department obtained a secret court order to monitor the communications of Poughkeepsie native Carter Page with Russian officials.
- The Beekman Republican Committee is looking for candidates to run for the position of Supervisor, Town Board, Highway Superintendent, Receiver of Taxes, and County Legislator for the elections in November.