DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- State police are seeking the public’s assistance as they continue the hunt for a man wanted for making numerous fraudulent credit card charges at a local hardware store. Click here to read the story.
A Pine Plains man was arrested Tuesday for stealing more than $2,500 in jewelry from a family member's home, according to the New York State Police. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- Students of Sheafe Road and Oak Grove Elementary schools in the Town of Poughkeepsie were released early Thursday due to a lack of running water from a water main break, according to the Wappingers Central School District.
- One of Dutchess County's own warriors that work behind the scenes helping those in need, especially those with mental issues, has been honored with the HOPE Award.
- An East Fishkill man was nabbed with 150 bags of heroin and other drugs during a recent search of his residence on Blue Hill Road, according to the Dutchess County Drug Task Force.
- What might sound like boring stuff to most residents could end up saving them money and provide better services in the long run.
- In an effort to improve the safety of motorists and pedestrians alike, the Hyde Park Police Department have begun special traffic details at “problem” areas in town.
- A Westchester County woman was arraigned on multiple charges after allegedly driving drunk and killing a 21-year-old Manhattanville College lacrosse player.
- Follow Dutchess Daily Voice @DVDutchess by clicking here.
- For real-time Dutchess news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Dutchess County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.