DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Dutchess County.
- A new bar and restaurant will open at the site of the Hobnobbin’ Pub in Poughkeepsie, a town institution that closed in October after 30 years in operation.
- Recently opened Groggers Bar & Grill is Poughkeepsie's newest hot spot.
- A Bridgeport, Conn., man is accused of stealing a motorcycle before crashing a stolen van into a police cruiser while leading officers on a car chase on the Taconic State Parkway, according to state police in Millbrook.
- A Poughkeepsie woman and her adult daughter are behind bars after police found them in a hotel room with a 3-week-old baby, an 8-year-old girl and a heroin overdose victim, according to the Ulster Police Department.
- Dutchess County Executive Marcus Molinaro and his wife Corinne welcomed a new baby boy Dec. 26.
- Seven of eight people traveling in a landscaping truck were injured in Lagrangeville on Wednesday morning after the driver struck a tree, spilling fuel near the crash site.
- Samuel's Sweet Shop in the village of Rhinebeck -- co-owned by actors Jeffrey Dean Morgan ("The Walking Dead") and Paul Rudd -- has become a go-to spot in the area.
- The Dutchess Golf Club will apparently be ending its nearly 120-year history, according to the Poughkeepsie Journal.
- The first baby born in Dutchess County in 2017 arrived early Sunday morning, Jan. 1, at Vassar Brothers Medical Center.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.