DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the week's top news from around Dutchess County.
- Residents and drivers can ditch the detours and once again travel Degarmo Road in LaGrange and Poughkeepsie now that construction work on two bridges has been completed .
- As family and friends of Robby Schartner grieve his death on Sunday, Oct. 9 after the Manhattanville College lacrosse player was struck and killed by a car, the Detective Division of the White Plains Police Department is working to piece together the hours before the horrible accident .
- The Dutchess County Sheriff's Office is offering tips to parents and kids to keep this Halloween a safe one .
- Media giant Gannett Company Inc., announced Tuesday that it had laid off about 2 percent of its total workforce, including seven employees from the Poughkeepsie Journal , where Executive Editor Stu Shinske was laid off.
- A 49-year-old dentist from Poughkeepsie has been f ound guilty of insurance fraud .
- An accident between an oil truck and car on Monday in Dover left the oil truck driver entrapped in the vehicle .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.