DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Two stories topped the news of the week including the arrest of an Amenia man for rape and a driver who was nabbed with drugs and a baton during a stop.
A 34-year-old Dutchess County man was charged with rape following an investigation by New York State Troopers into a rape complaint. Click here to read the story.
A man attempting to evade arrest while in possession of drugs and an illegal weapon was busted by state police troopers after losing control of his car during a chase and crashing on Route 22 in Dutchess County. Click here to read the story.
Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- Poughkeepsie High School Principal Phee Simpson has been suspended through the remainder of the school year.
- Twenty-six school districts, including two in the Hudson Valley, have been designated as fiscally stressed under New York State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli's Fiscal Stress Monitoring System.
- A 72-year-old Town of Poughkeepsie woman received serious head injuries after being hit by a car on Violet Avenue.
- A Red Hook man is behind bars after trying to run down a Town of Poughkeepsie police officer who had stopped to investigate a vehicle, according to Town of Poughkeepsie Police.
- Follow Dutchess Daily Voice @DVDutchess by clicking here.
- For real-time Dutchess news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Dutchess County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.