DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- The recent completion of construction work on Noxon Road in the Town of LaGrange, caps off a busy bridge and road project season for the Dutchess County Department of Public Works.
The Noxon Road project was one of 21 highway projects undertaken by the department this year.
“This year has been an impressive and productive season for our team at DPW. We are grateful for their efforts to work throughout the spring, summer and fall season to complete several roads, bridge, and paving projects on time and within or under budget. These improvements to our county roadway system will provide residents and visitors with a more safe, operational, and ridable way of travel throughout Dutchess County,” said County Executive Marc Molinaro.
Project work on Noxon Road began in July 2015 and included improvements to roadway alignment, installation of new drainage, construction of four-foot paved shoulders on both sides of Noxon Road, reconfiguration of new turning lanes and the installation of new traffic signals at the intersection of Noxon Road at Titusville Road.
This section of Noxon Road averages 11,000 vehicles per day. The total cost for the project was $6 million.
“The intersection of Noxon and Titusville Road is exceptionally busy. The recently completed work that included new equipment and upgrades to the roadway is critically important work that will ensure that this area is safe and easily navigable to the thousands of motorists who utilize these roadways,” said Chairman of the Dutchess County Legislature Dale Borchert.
In 2016, the DPW-Engineering Division completed eight road and/or bridge projects including:
- Bridge RH-18 replacement project on Linden Avenue (CR 79) in Red Hook
- Reconstruction of Crum Elbow Road in Hyde Park
- Reconstruction of Middlebush Road in Wappinger
- Bridge replacement on Degarmo Road in LaGrange and Poughkeepsie
- Bridge replacement project on Hibernia Road in Clinton
- Reconstruction of Noxon Road in LaGrange
- Bridge replacement project on Hoffman Road in Pine Plains
- Bridge replacement project and road realignment on North Avenue in Pleasant Valley
In 2016, the DPW-Highway Division completed 15 paving projects including:
- 3.19 miles of Bog Hollow Road, Towns of Amenia and Dover
- 0.53 miles of Jackson Street, Town of Fishkill
- 2.11 miles of Boston Corners Road, Town of North East
- 1.0 miles of Red Schoolhouse Road, Town of Fishkill
- 2.0 miles of Centre/Clinton Hollow Road, Town of Clinton
- 2.96 miles of South Quaker Lane, Town of Hyde Park
- 1.0 miles of All Angels Hill Road, Town of Wappinger
- 0.85 miles of Clinton Corners Road, Town of Pleasant Valley
- 1.71 miles of Old Quaker Hill Road, Town of Pawling
- 0.94 miles of New Hackensack Road, Town of Wappinger
- 1.45 miles of Little Rest Road, Town of Washington
- 1.7 miles of shoulder paving on Overlook Road, Town of LaGrange
- 1.39 miles of shoulder paving on Creek Road, Towns of Hyde Park and Poughkeepsie
- 0.44 miles of micro-paving on Jackson Road, Town of Poughkeepsie
- 0.68 miles of micro-paving on North Quaker Lane, Town of Hyde Park
“I commend the work of our DPW staff for their continued efforts to ensure our engineering and highway projects are completed in a cost-effective and efficient manner," Dutchess County Commissioner of Public Works Robert Balkind said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.