POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. -- Mill Street Loft, a leading arts-education organization in Poughkeepsie, announced that students of the Art Institute of Mill Street Loft garnered more than 100 awards at the recent 2016 Hudson Valley Scholastic Art Awards.
Art Institute students received 71 Gold and Silver Key awards, two American Visions, and 50 honorable mention awards at the competition, which is produced by the Hudson Valley Scholastic Art Awards Consortium.
Gold and American Visions winners will go on to a national competition where they will compete with winners from more than 100 affiliates nationwide.
Art Institute students received awards in the following categories: sculpture, mixed media, portfolio, photography, digital art, film and animation, painting, and drawing and Illustration.
The Winners Exhibition will be on display at the Rotunda Gallery at SUNY New Paltz through Friday, Feb. 24.
Winners from the Art Institute are the following:
- Rachel Brainerd (Homeschooled)
- Sofia Creanza (Homeschooled)
- Eloisa Morales (Arlington High School)
- Charlotte Howard (Rhinebeck High School.)
- Yanlam Ko (Spackenkill High School)
- Isabel Long (Spackenkill High School)
- Abigail Scesney (John Jay High School)
- Maxwell Von der Horst (Warwick High School)
- Alexandra Harris (Arlington High School)
- Chloe Mosbacher (New Paltz High School)
- James Tedesco (Arlington High School)
- Anthony DiBattista (John Jay High School)
- Kailee Gorr (Livingston Manor High School)
- Emilia Ricciardi (Port Jervis High School)
“We are so incredibly proud of our students, who have put vast amounts of time, effort, and heart into their art,” says Todd Poteet, director of the Art Institute of Mill Street Loft. “The incredible level of the work I’ve seen in this competition proves that the Hudson Valley is truly a powerhouse in the arts. We commend each participant and teacher for their outstanding work.”
The Hudson Valley Scholastic Art Awards Consortium includes Orange-Ulster BOCES, Orange County Arts Council, Ulster BOCES, Dutchess BOCES, Sullivan County BOCES, and the Enlarged City School District of Middletown. The awards are presented by The Alliance for Young Artists & Writers.
Since 1923, the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards have recognized the vision, ingenuity, and talent of our nation’s youth, and provided opportunities for creative teens to be celebrated.
Mill Street Loft is a not-for-profit, community-based, multi-arts educational center dedicated to bringing a wide range of creative, educational, and culturally enriching programs to over 9,000 children, adults, seniors and families throughout the Hudson Valley.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.