DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the top stories last week from around Dutchess County.
- A Dutchess County accountant won $5 million on a New York Lottery scratch off .
- A Poughkeepsie caretaker has been charged with putting her hand around the throat of a disabled girl .
- A landscaping firm has applied for a controversial zoning change in order to build a solid waste composting operation off of Route 22 in Amenia.
- A Wappingers school bus monitor has been charged with hitting a small child.
- A woman from Beekman is charged with grand larceny for illegally collecting unemployment benefits .
- Executive Director Peter Gross of the Beacon non-profit organization, Hudson River Sloop Clearwater has announced his resignation .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.