DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- To the surprise of wildlife officials, seven live sharks and three dead sharks were found in an indoor swimming pool in a Dutchess home late last month by state Department of Environmental Conservation officials. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- In a strange set of circumstances, a Poughkeepsie man who was nabbed by city cops for possessing child pornography on Tuesday afternoon was arrested earlier in the day by Lloyd Police for felony grand larceny, police said.
- Dutchess County Sheriff's officials are asking the public to come forward if they have had contact with a Red Hook man who was charged Wednesday with sexually assaulting two young teens.
- Thirty-one people were arrested for drunk driving-related offenses over the Labor Day weekend by officers from several Dutchess County law enforcement departments as part of the "Driver Sober or Get Pulled Over" campaign, according to the Dutchess County Sheriff's Department.
- Three years ago Joe Carson was working as a business consultant for ADP in Westchester while his significant other Kathy Welte was working with autistic children in the Northern Valley School District in Bergen County. Today, they run Off The Hook Food Truck , based in Warwick, at Pennings Farm Market and are busier than ever.
- The modern-day Bonnie and Clyde-type fugitives who are suspected in a Hudson Valley home invasion in June have been apprehended in New Orleans after a manhunt that lasted more than two months.
- Follow Dutchess Daily Voice @DVDutchess by clicking here.
- For real-time Dutchess news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Dutchess County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.