DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Angelika Graswald, aka the "Hudson River Kayak Killer," could walk away with more than $490,000 in life insurance benefits from the man whose death she pleaded guilty to helping cause, according to a court ruling made in Dutchess Surrogate's Court. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- A Dutchess County fuel-oil dealer is once again in the crosshairs of Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, this time for failing to deliver heating oil and services to customers that paid tens of thousands of dollars to the company in advance.
- A Poughkeepsie man is behind bars after biting a police officer who was trying to arrest him following a domestic dispute.
- A Hyde Park man is behind bars without bail after being arrested for stealing more than $30,000 from a Poughkeepsie business.
- The Sloop Brewing Company is coming home.
- Follow Dutchess Daily Voice @DVDutchess by clicking here.
- For real-time Dutchess news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Dutchess County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.