DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- The murder of a 30-year-old man by his girlfriend in Poughkeepsie, and the death of a motorcyclist on Route 55 topped the week in news.
A Poughkeepsie woman was charged with second-degree murder in the death of her 30-year-old boyfriend found Thursday morning on Van Wagner Road in Arlington, according to the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department. Click here to read the story.
A motorcyclist killed in a three-vehicle accident on Tuesday in the Town of LaGrange has been identified as a 42-year-old Poughkeepsie man, according to Capt. John Watterson of the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- A Poughkeepsie man is being held on rape charges after a juvenile told police she had been the victim of a sexual assault and possible sex trafficking, according to the City of Poughkeepsie Police.
- Dan Zlotnick was in the right place at the right time.
- A former coach at Marist College and a junior college in Westchester is among four Division I men's basketball assistants facing federal bribery, fraud and other corruption charges.
- A Pine Plains man has been charged with felony grand larceny after forging more than $13,000 worth of checks, according to the New York State Police.
- After Hurricane Harvey hit Houston, a Dutchess restauranteur decided to do more than just donate money.
- The restaurant line-up for The Valley Table’s fall 2017 Hudson Valley Restaurant Week (HVRW) is live, with 200 participating restaurants throughout Orange, Westchester, Dutchess, Rockland, Putnam, Sullivan and Ulster counties.
- Follow Dutchess Daily Voice @DVDutchess by clicking here.
- For real-time Dutchess news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Dutchess County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.