DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- The death of two local men in fatal incidents along with the powerful storm that smacked the area, topped the news.
A Clinton Corners man has been identified as the person killed in a two-vehicle crash that entrapped one person and closed Slate Quarry Road for hours. Click here to read.
A 36-year-old Hudson Valley man is dead after he became pinned under a pickup truck Wednesday morning, state police said. Click here to read.
The "Bomb Cyclone" storm system that moved through the area Thursday not only lived up to the hype, it surpassed it. Click here to read.
Weather-related: A tractor-trailer overturned after crashing down an embankment on I-84, initially blocking the right lane in Fishkill, according to the New York State Police. Click here to read.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- A family has been displaced by a raging three-alarm fire at a six-bedroom estate in Clinton Corners on the Salt Point Turnpike.
- Gregory Andrew Diamond, 29, a popular teacher and coach at John Jay and Roy C. Ketcham high schools, died unexpectedly on Saturday, Dec. 30, at his home in Poughkeepsie. The cause of his death has not been released.
- Dan Scavino, President Donald Trump's Director of Social Media, is being asked to meet with the Senate Judiciary Committee as it investigates Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
- A fire that broke out at the Northern Westchester compound of former President Bill Clinton and his wife, 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton was "knocked down" Wednesday afternoon, according to multiple reports.
- Follow Dutchess Daily Voice @DVDutchess by clicking here.
- For real-time Dutchess news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Dutchess County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.