DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Dutchess County.
- A fire that took the life of 52-year-old Katherine Perez of Hopewell Junction on Saturday, Feb. 11, was caused by an accidental electrical fire starting in a wall of the home, according to East Fishkill Fire Department.
- Rhinebeck firefighters responded to an auto crash early Thursday after a car slammed into a front-end loader working on the Route 9G overpass, according to the Rhinebeck Fire Department.
- Thirty Dutchess restaurants are set to participate in The Valley Table’s Spring 2017 Hudson Valley Restaurant Week, scheduled for March 6-19.
- Friends and community members are rallying around the family of Lynette Ruffin, 27, who was killed in a car crash during the recent snow storm on Sunday, Feb. 12.
- A 47-year-old Dutchess County man embezzled $7 million from a financial firm which he used to pay off gambling debts and for the purchase of luxury cars and an outdoor pool, according to charges filed Wednesday.
- Students and children in the City of Poughkeepsie will soon be able to take part in a new after-school Boys & Girls Club program at the New Hope Community Center thanks to a $100,000 grant from Dutchess County.
- Jury selection in the trial of the Poughkeepsie woman accused in her fiancé’s drowning death will begin on March 13.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.