DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Dutchess County.
- A fire that took the life of 52-year-old Katherine Perez of Hopewell Junction on Saturday, Feb. 11, was caused by an accidental electrical fire starting in a wall of the home, according to East Fishkill Fire Department.
- Rhinebeck firefighters responded to an auto crash early Thursday after a car slammed into a front-end loader working on the Route 9G overpass, according to the Rhinebeck Fire Department.
- Thirty Dutchess restaurants are set to participate in The Valley Table’s Spring 2017 Hudson Valley Restaurant Week, scheduled for March 6-19.
- Friends and community members are rallying around the family of Lynette Ruffin, 27, who was killed in a car crash during the recent snow storm on Sunday, Feb. 12.
- A 47-year-old Dutchess County man embezzled $7 million from a financial firm which he used to pay off gambling debts and for the purchase of luxury cars and an outdoor pool, according to charges filed Wednesday.
- Students and children in the City of Poughkeepsie will soon be able to take part in a new after-school Boys & Girls Club program at the New Hope Community Center thanks to a $100,000 grant from Dutchess County.
- Jury selection in the trial of the Poughkeepsie woman accused in her fiancé’s drowning death will begin on March 13.