DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from in and around Dutchess County.
- A Poughkeepsie man who fled the scene of a stabbing at 130 Mansion St., in the City of Poughkeepsie early Wednesday and was killed in a double-fatal crash a short time later on the Mid-Hudson Bridge has been identified, according to the City of Poughkeepsie Police.
- Brothers' Trattoria restaurant, with locations in Beacon and Poughquag, celebrates 20 years in business.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo proposed a new 750-mile trailway and better bridges in Hudson Valley during his annual State of the State speech on Tuesday at SUNY Purchase.
- Two Hyde Park residents were recently busted by New York State police for forging more than $400 in stolen checks from a family member.
- Spotlight Arts Inc., a local youth theatre company based in Brewster, recently sent high school students from Pawling and Brewster to represent the theatre group at the New York State Theatre Education Association's 20th Annual Student Conference.
- Hopewell Junction residents celebrate the reopening of William Tell True Value Hardware store, which was destroyed in a fire in May of 2015.
- A New York City Department of Corrections van overturned on the side of the Taconic Parkway on Monday morning, prompting an emergency response from the Putnam Valley Fire Department and New York State Police.
- Recently opened Groggers Bar & Grill is Poughkeepsie's newest hot spot.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.