DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- An elderly woman who became confused slammed into the front of the Riverside Bank Wednesday in the Village of Fishkill, injuring one bank employee. Click here to read the story.
Here are some other top stories from this past week (click on the link to read the story):
- Police in the Town of Poughkeepsie are investigating a motor vehicle accident that left a 20-year-old woman hospitalized near the Dutchess Community College campus.
- Multiple cars are on fire at Wits Auto Repair at 850 Route 9 in the Town of Fishkill, according to the Fishkill Police.
- Teens who think they may be interested in a career in law enforcement are invited to attend a five-day youth academy offered by the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department in June.
- Attention commuters, all lanes on both the westbound and eastbound sides of Route 44, between Burnett Boulevard and Peckham Road are scheduled to be closed overnight in the Town of Poughkeepsie beginning Monday, May 8.
- Hopewell Junction has a new millionaire, but no one is naming names.
- Dutchess County's first Chipotle is set to open this summer in Fishkill at the Hudson Valley Town Center at 18 Westage Drive. A Five Guys Burgers and Fries is also being built on the site.
- It's not often you hear heavy metal Christian music but brothers Barry Elliott (vocals/screams/guitar) and Melvin Hogue (drums) of Poughkeepsie believe that kind of music has a following.
- A box of cereal can mean a lot to a hungry child.
- Dutchess County residents will be able to have their pets receive free rabies vaccinations during a special event on Saturday, May 13 at the Dutchess County SPCA in Hyde Park.