DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Two stories topped the news during the week including the announcement that Breakneck Ridge will close for a year and the shocking discovery that a Dutchess woman had stabbed her boyfriend to death.
Hiking fans take note -- Breakneck Ridge, the popular Hudson Valley hiking trail that draws thousands each year -- will be closed early next year for at least a year for improvements. Click here to read the story.
After telling police a dramatic story of her boyfriend being stabbed to death in their vehicle by a group of teens on Sept. 14, a Hyde Park woman was charged Wednesday with his murder, police said. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- A Pawling man who showed up to court drunk for a DWI hearing on Tuesday, was arrested for driving away from the courthouse after being warned not to do so, according to the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office.
- A registered sex offender in Dutchess County was arrested by police in East Fishkill after he failed to report an address change in Wappingers.
- The Dutchess County Legislature is considering censuring one of their own after comments he made about sexual assault.
- A Dutchess County woman is facing more than two dozen felony charges after allegedly cashing thousands of dollars in forged checks in Millbrook.
- A Dutchess County man has been charged with grand larceny after allegedly stealing a wallet from the car of a Red Hook parent who was picking up their child from school.
- The unemployment rate in Dutchess County is trending downward.
- Follow Dutchess Daily Voice @DVDutchess by clicking here.
- For real-time Dutchess news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Dutchess County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.