DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Dutchess County.
- The latest black bear sighting came early Wednesday in the Arlington section of the town of Poughkeepsie near Holy Trinity Church, police said.
- Two Hudson Valley residents were charged with possession of drugs after Beacon police officers found crack cocaine and heroin during a traffic stop.
- Poughkeepsie residents can get care for a variety of ailments all under one roof with the opening of the Northern Medical Group on Monday.
- The newly renovated Crum Elbow Road in Hyde Park has reopened to traffic and has been dedicated as the Claudio Coppola Memorial Highway, in the memory of a local teenager who died in a single-car accident on the road in 2012.
- A Dutchess County teenager was struck and killed by a New Jersey Transit train on Monday, authorities said.
- The driver responsible for a crash on the Taconic Parkway in Yorktown in August 2015 that killed four people, including his daughter, was arraigned in court Sept. 9. Prosecutors said he was driving with his knees before the crash occurred.
- The Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce's September Contact Breakfast, on Wednesday, Sept. 21, will feature a forum with state Senate candidates Terry Gipson and Sue Serino.
- New York State Police have arrested a 24-year-old resident of Mooers on criminal contempt and other charges following an incident at a Beekmantown residence, authorities said.
- A 16-year-old male student at Poughkeepsie High School has been charged with criminal possession of a weapon after he tried to bypass school security and sneak a loaded .22-caliber handgun into the school about 10 a.m. Wednesday, said city of Poughkeepsie Detective Lt. Matt Clark.
- Beacon resident Scott Bateman was the champion on TV game show "Jeopardy!" Wednesday night, winning $28,001.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.