DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Angelika Graswald walked out of the Bedford Hills Correctional Facility for Women on Thursday a free woman, just two months after being sentenced for the criminally negligent homicide of her fiance, Vincent Viafore. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- The Town of Poughkeepsie police nabbed three members of a Florida-based gang that is known to operate throughout the country targeting areas where women hang out in order to steal their purses and identification and then later uses it to drain their bank accounts or purchase items.
- Members of the East Fishkill police department are mourning the loss of the department's longtime assistant and chief's secretary, Cathy DiGiacomo, on Wednesday, Dec. 20.
- Just call him Dr. Anthony Bourdain.
- School before September? Say it isn't so.
- An incident with a single inmate caused a temporary lockdown at the Dutchess County Jail late last week, according to jail administrator Michael Walters.
- Follow Dutchess Daily Voice @DVDutchess by clicking here.
- For real-time Dutchess news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Dutchess County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.