POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. - Despite delays of lightening strikes and incompatibale hardware, drivers on Route 9D should see some relief to their traffic woes once the new traffic signals are fully operational, reported the Poughkeepsie Journal.
According to the Poughkeepsie Journal, the traffic signals are being upgraded at the intersections of:
- Interstate 84 eastbound exit onto Route 9D.
- Route 9D and the north/south ramps to enter I-84.
- Route 9D and Red Schoolhouse Road.
- Route 9D and Chelsea Road/Baxtertown Road.
- Route 9D and New Hamburg Road/Old Hopewell Road.
However, the story said, only the signals at the I-84 off-ramps will be able to adjust their traffic patterns in real time. The remaining signals are being updated with a new program that can be programmed to accommodate the traffic patterns, the story said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.