DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Two stories topped the news in Dutchess for the week including the arrest of a man in a $2 million drug bust and a sighting of a man wanted on a warrant for a sexual abuse conviction.
A narcotics investigation headed by the New York State Police Community Narcotics Enforcement Team led to the arrest of a Dutchess County man for allegedly running a multi-million dollar drug operation. Click here to read the story.
A man wanted in Dutchess County for sentencing on sexual abuse charges has been spotted in Connecticut after New York State police received "tremendous support," from residents. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- A 12-year-old boy was hit by a car in Northern Westchester on his way to school, receiving injuries to his head and scrapes and bruises, said Croton-on-Hudson police.
- A 21-year-old man is facing a series of charges after allegedly drinking and driving more than 110 mph while attempting to evade state police on I-84 in Putnam County.
- Construction has begun on a Hyatt Place hotel on Route 9 in the Town of Poughkeepsie.
- Nicholas Tartaglione, a former police officer at several municipalities in the Hudson Valley, may have been moving a fourth victim to his home when three men were fatally shot in an Orange County bar last year, according to a lohud.com report citing U.S. Attorney Maurene Comey.
- Follow Dutchess Daily Voice @DVDutchess by clicking here.
- For real-time Dutchess news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Dutchess County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.