DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York State Police in Dutchess County have arrested a Pleasant Valley man for allegedly raping and engaging in sexual acts with a female under the age of 15. Click here to read the story.
Here are some other top stories from this past week (click on the link to read the story):
- More than a dozen law enforcement officers from the Hudson Valley were among the near 200 men and women who were welcomed to the ranks of the New York State Police by Gov. Andrew Cuomo at the 205th session graduate ceremony.
- A majority of Dutchess Count voters who headed to the polls Tuesday approved proposed school budgets and returned incumbent school board members to their seats with few exceptions.
- A search crew aboard a helicopter near the Bahamas found debris while looking for a private plane with four passengers aboard, including a Westchester native and New York City event space designer, her two young boys and a pilot after the aircraft disappeared Tuesday afternoon, officials said.
- The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and Department of Agriculture and Markets is expanding a quarantine of the transportation of ash wood in parts of the Hudson Valley and other parts of the state as it hopes to contain the spread of the emerald ash borer, a beetle that feeds on ash species.
- The widow of a worker who was killed while working on the demolition of the Gap Inc. distribution center in Fishkill has filed a wrongful death suit in federal court.
- Hudson Valley resident Roger Ailes, the former president and chairman of Fox News, died Thursday morning at age 77.
- Habitat Dutchess is truly making a difference. The organization was honored recently with a $10,000 grant from the Arby's Foundation, Points Of Light Foundation and TEGNA in honor of National Volunteer Week and National Make A Difference Day.
- The Olive Garden has been like family for Jeffrey Babineau. Babineau has been working for the Italian restaurant chain for more than 20 years, starting in Poughkeepsie in 1996 as a server.