POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. – Tourism brings in big bucks in Dutchess and Dutchess Tourism Inc. wants to help related businesses grow and thrive.
To that end, it will be hosting a series of free seminars on topics such as public relations, marketing, promotional photography, branding and disability etiquette.
The “Lunch & Learn” program will take place from noon to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesdays, starting March 15 and running through April 12, at various venues throughout the county.
Tourism has a significant economic impact in Dutchess County, which is visited by more than 4.5 million people each year who spend an average of $528 million on lodging, food, shopping, and area attractions, according to Dutchess Tourism Inc. Vice President Melaine Rottkamp
Participants in the program are invited to bring their own lunches as they listen to presentations.
There will also be time for networking with other participants and the speakers, Rottkamp said.
- On March 15 Chuck Heinz of Minuteman Press will speak on advertising, marketing and public relations at the Spring Hill Suites Residence Inn in Fishkill. Heinz has more than 24 years of corporate marketing experience with Fortune 100 companies. He will teach attendees how to leverage those components for maximum business success.
- On March 22 , photographer Mary Ann Glass from RiverWinds Gallery in Beacon will teach basic photographic principles and how to get great pictures for promotion with just a cell phone. This seminar will take place at the Boardman Road Branch of the Poughkeepsie Library District.
- On March 29 , participants will be encouraged to “Think DIFFERENTLY” when Jeanine Byrnes and Patrick Muller from Taconic Resources for Independence teach disability etiquette at the Wallace Center at the Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library & Museum in Hyde Park.
- On April 5 , Merritt Bookstore in Millbrook will host Dutchess Tourism staff members Rottkamp and Dawn Hopper. Rottkamp will help participants learn how to tell their story and differentiate their businesses and Hopper will talk about ways to maximize impact at trade shows and events.
- On April 12 , at The Rhinecliff, a boutique hotel in Rhinecliff, Andrea Rhodes from Gig Marketing will talk about branding and messaging.
Participants are not required to attend all five presentations, Rottkamp said.
To learn more about the series, visit www.dutchesstourism.com .
To RSVP, please email email@example.com or call (845) 463-5432.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.