POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. -- Residents have a new event to look forward to the first Friday of every month in Poughkeepsie -- First Friday.
To get the party started, a special kick-off event beginning at 5:15 p.m. Friday, April 1, at the Bardavon 1869 Opera House, 35 Market St., with brief remarks from Mayor Rob Rolison and County Executive Marcus Molinaro, as well as music, food and much more.
Harold Kimble will provide the music, there will be free cold-brew coffee from Poughkeepsie’s OWN coffee roaster…North River Roasters; free sweets from Caffe Aurora; free donuts from Dunkin' Donuts, and free First Friday Poughkeepsie buttons.
Rolison said that First Friday Poughkeepsie will be a monthly celebration of the city’s cultural, dining and entertainment offerings, highlighting “the best of Poughkeepsie” to create a unique and fun atmosphere in the city on the first Friday of every month.
Organized in concert with Molinaro and representatives from downtown cultural venues and businesses, First Friday Poughkeepsie provides downtown office workers and city residents with opportunities to socialize together in downtown Poughkeepsie after work.
After the Kick-Off Ceremony, everyone is invited to enjoy First Friday Poughkeepsie’s featured events, listed below:
- Free film "Out of Africa," at 7:30 p.m. at the Opera House
- Schatzi’s Pub and Bier Garden, 202 Main St., Special drink prices and food specials.
- Main Street Pizza and Café, 283 Main St., 15% off entire menu; free pizza and garlic roll samples.
- Rabbit and Turtle Pub, 302 Main St., special extended happy hour and First Friday specials
- The Artist's Palate, 307 Main St., special First Friday cocktail the Queen of Manhattan
- Chu Noodles and Dumplings, 305 Main St., Special evening hours/dinner service for First Friday Poughkeepsie, serving ramen bowls and dumplings.
- Indoor Organic Gardens of Poughkeepsie, 316 Main St., Did you know there’s a FARM on Main Street?Indoor Organic Gardens of Poughkeepsie is an indoor farm, growing nutritious microgreens right on Main Street.Come see and taste for yourself. Free samples from 5:45 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
- My Place Pizza, 322 Main St., grand reopening celebration at 6:15 p.m. Happy hour from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. and half-price pizza slces and beer.
- Union Tavern, 51 Market St., live music and hour with discounted drinks.
- Mill House Brewing, 289 Mill St., come and celebrate the launch of "Mr. Anderson Ale," an Autisum Awareness Month collaboration between Mill House Brewing Company and Anderson Center of Autism.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.