DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. - Nearly $1.75 million in grants have been awarded for a dozen county projects, Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro announced on Wednesday.
The grants, funded through the Municipal Innovation Grant Program, the projects range from a regional ambulance services study to the creation of a streamlined land use development process.
A total of $1 million was made available for this year’s grant program with the Dutchess County Legislature authorizing an additional $750,000 in funding last month, Molinaro said.
“Now in the fifth year of our Municipal Innovation Grant Program, we have awarded more than $6.3 million in funding for nearly 50 projects to eliminate duplicative services, share services among municipalities, and improve service delivery throughout Dutchess County to cut costs for taxpayers and streamline service delivery for our residents," he said.
This year’s awards include:
- Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Project – Phase II -- $198,750: Numerous law enforcement agencies
- Municipal Shared Solar Farm --: $45,000: Town and Village of Red Hook
- Shared Commercial Sewer District Expansion Study -- $75,000: Town of Hyde Park and Dutchess County
- Shared Court Facilities Study -- $30,000: Town and Village of Red Hook
- Shared Court Facilities Study -- $30,000: Town and Village of Rhinebeck
- Shared Municipal Complex - Site Study -- $142,000: City of Beacon and Dutchess County
- Shared Municipal/Fire District Facility Study -- $150,000: Town of Poughkeepsie & Arlington Fire District
- Shared Services & Water Infrastructure Consolidation Study -- $120,000: Wappinger & Village of Wappingers Falls
- Sports Field - Infield Mix & Permanent Synthetic Marking -- $51,900: Pleasant Valley and Milan
- Streamlining Land Use Development Process -- $140,000: City of Poughkeepsie, Hyde Park, Rhinebeck, Dutchess County
- Regional Ambulance Services Study -- $190,000: Towns of Amenia, Dover & North East, and Village of Millerton & Dutchess County
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.